Custom Search

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Nash-A-Versary - 4 Years





Four years ago today, Abbey and I woke up in Taipei. We kissed our sweet little Reed goodbye and left him with Lola and Uncle Bill. We promised to bring him back some brothers. We took a taxi to the domestic airport and boarded a plane that took us to Taitung. After dropping our items off at the hotel we headed to the baby home where we met our sweet Nash for the first time. He had just woken from his nap and was told that he was about to go and meet his "mama and daddy". I am sure that he must have been as scared as we were. 

After a few minutes, Nash warmed up to us and allowed us to play some games with him. He was so small yet, so grown-up acting. He was such a smart boy. After a few hours, he was comfortable with us  and knew that he was once again experiencing a life change. In his 2.5 year life, he had lived through lots of little changes. I wished there was some way that we could have assured him that we were his mama and daddy -- forever. 


Flash-foward four years and Nash is a thriving, happy, precious, caring, loving, charming, adorable six year old. He fiercely loves his brothers. He loves to help his mom, and joke around with me (his daddy). He is a gymnast, a climber, and still has the most adorable dimples you've ever seen. He is home. He has stability. He is loved--dearly, loved.
 Dear Nash,

I am so proud to be your Daddy. I love the way you jokingly wipe my kisses off, but I know that you save just a little bit of them so that you can remember me. I love the way that you help your Mama and how you even thank God for times that you get to help her when you pray. I love the way you take care of Will and Tuck and the way you look up to Reed. I love that you smile. I love your smile. Your beautiful teeth and your dimples. You brighten a room when you enter it. I love your artistic nature and your attention to detail. Nash, you are dearly loved. We love you so much and we are so thankful that God let us be your parents. You make us happy. I love you, Fish.

Love, Daddy



No comments: