Custom Search

Friday, August 29, 2014

Our New House

I'm trying to get caught up on the blog and there are quite a few things that I haven't blogged about. One of the major things is catching everyone up on our new house. We moved at the end of April or middle of April. Honestly, I can't even remember. For me, it's the furthest out in the country I've ever lived. That might sound funny for those of you who know the little town I grew up in, but even though it was tiny, I lived right in the center of town.


 God really blessed us with an excellent realtor who sold our house far more quickly than we ever thought was possible. We also were able to convince our friends to sell us their house. We love our new house. I don't have all of the pictures of the house yet, but I do have the ones of the rooms we have redone. We deviated from our "golden yellow" colors to gray and love the new paint.


We have a dining room again which we really love. We don't eat there much as most people don't, but it is great when we have company over. It's also really great for folding laundry. I'm thrilled that we have space for my grandparents' kitchen table finally. I love having it in our house. 


The new house has enough bedrooms for all of our boys to have their own room if they choose to have it that way one day. Right now, Tuck and Will share a room and Reed and Nash share a room. That works well now.

We went with a similar blue to the one that we had in our old bedroom. We just always loved it. We are still looking for the right comforter, but for now, we have the old one. We love having ceilings high enough to use the beams on our bed again. 


We still haven't gotten the all of the boys to stay out of our bed for the night. At least one usually sneaks in sometime in the wee hours of the morning. But, I really don't mind. I like the snuggles.


Our bathroom is a little more snug than our old bathroom, but we do like it because access to our closet is from there. And, our closet is ENORMOUS.


I can't find any good pictures of our kitchen right now, but we painted it a beachy bluish green and love it. It's spacious and has enough room for a large table.


We love our backyard. It's much larger than what we have had before and the boys love running around and playing in it.


We are definitely blessed.



No comments: